Saturday, November 2, 2013

Happy Deepavali!

Wishing everyone a Happy Deepavali and be safe on the roads!

We took advantage of the long weekend to ...


Celebrate Hub's birthday, yayyyyy! Since Bubs and I are both nursing very heavy colds, we didn't do anything elaborate, just lunch at one of our favourite indulgences: Rakuzen. Ever since I'd this nasty bug, I kinda lost my appetite so I can't eat too much at one go. Hubs ended up having to polish off Bub's and my portions.


A Mon Delice cake always manages to elevate the ordinary into a very special affair. We had the Neapolitan which was layers of vanilla, strawberry mousse on top of a a crunchy chocolate biscuit base. ps - I may or may not have ran out of cash and might or might not have borrowed cash from Hubs to pay for his own birthday cake *shifty eyes*


The Gruffalo happens to be one of Bub's favourite plays and we've been re-reading it so much that we can quote some of the lines. When we managed to get tickets for the Gruffalo playing at the Penang Pac, I was so psyched - I may or may not have actually been more excited than Bubs and might or might not have asked the wrong question to Bubs.

Me: Do you want go see the Gruffalo??? *does the excited bunny hop around the room*
Bubs: Noooooooo! *eyes go wide with terror and promptly bursts into tears*

It took some persuading before Bubs warmed up to the idea of seeing the Gruffalo live and no, he wouldn't eaten up by the Gruffalo.

Me: What are you going to say to him?
Bubs: Hello
Me: Aren't you going to say "oh help, oh no, it's a Gruffalo"?
Bubs: Nooo *crossly* I LIKE to say hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...