Sunday, February 26, 2012

My Favourite Things

No raindrops on roses or whiskers on kittens at the moment but here are a few of my favourite things:

Yes, I'm a total lemming. I was smitten by this Zara tulip lace dress after spotting it on Kate Middleton and a few other fashion bloggers. I love the curves of its tulip silhouette and the bonded lace is actually very similar to my other Topshop pencil dress.

We use mainly cloth diapers on Bubs and this is one of my favourites on him, it has such Harajuku attitude complete with ganguro wearing hulas, vampires and sumo wrestlers! It's handmade by the talented and fabulous Mama Sewbulous who unfortunately isn't taking any more orders.

The highlight of living in Penang is having the best assam laksa ever. The soup is a very tangy  balance between sour and spicy, I love the slippery noodles, the crunch of the fresh veggies and (if the seller is particularly generous) the chunks of fish. Hubs got me hooked on the habit of dipping fried spring rolls into the piquant soup. I've also seen customers ordering just a bowl of the soup, leaving their spring rolls inside it to soak before wolfing them down. Do you eat fried spring rolls with your laksa?

2 comments:

  1. The cloth diaper is SO CUTE!! How often do you change it (assuming no poo)? I use disposables on Hunter and use 4 a day..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You change them a bit more often than disposables, around every 3 - 4 hours. If you go to baby shops/Mothercare, they have brands like Grovia, Bumgenius, etc or you can also get them from Etsy. The prints are super cute! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...