Thursday, September 27, 2012

Candy Treats and Snowy Delights


The Toddler Law of Physics state that no matter how many packs of Crayola that you buy, they're all bound to end up scattered, yucky and sometimes broken into bits. I've been resorting to wrapping the crayons up in napkins and tucking into my handbag when we're out and about along with crumpled paper to keep Bubs entertained.

When one of my favourite bloggers, Olimomok, opened the Lil' Roar Etsy store offering the cutest crayon rolls and art folios for sale, I quickly snapped an art folio up. The fabrics used are so rad, ranging from rocket prints to jungle animals. The sweet tooth in me couldn't resist the vintage-esque candy shop print (hello, red and white polka dots). I loved that each art folio came ready filled with a mini notepad and Crayola crayons.


Shipping was fast and the price quoted for international registered was reasonable with the art folio being securely packaged in bubble wrap. This will look sooo stylish when whipping it out from my handbag instead of fishing around for crayons :D


Speaking of sweet treats, my colleague has gotten me hooked onto this delish Blackball snowy ice thingy. Blackball is a Taiwanese dessert cafe which I initially dismissed as too gimmicky until my colleague dragged us in there. I was skeptical because it looked weird - shaved ice topped with grass jelly, sago pearls, yam and sweet potato cubes along with adzuki beans. You're given a little tub of creamer to pour over the concoction.

Once I took a mouth, I was hooked. This thing is a gummy lover's dream come true - the contrasts of textures from the cold ice flakes to the slippery soft grass jelly and the sweet chewiness of the cubes. I've since discovered that adding a scoop of vanilla ice cream to it makes it even more amazing!


As with most Taiwanese dessert cafes, you're given a buzzer that buzzes and flashes when your order is ready. Bubs found it most fascinating ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...