Sunday, May 28, 2017

Bits and Pieces

D finds it amusing that I usually teach Bubs based on hands on activities. When he was a toddler, I introduced the alphabet by letting him trace letter shapes in coloured salt on a tray and forming them with play dough. We explored addition and subtraction by counting marbles. Science was in the form of freezing tiny toys in ice blocks and using them as bath toys to see what could melt ice the fastest. 

She asked me to think of a fun concept to teach Malay.

Challenge accepted.


I present to you ... the penjodoh bilangan tray. Penjodoh bilangan is known as classifiers in English (I'd to Google that), eg: school of fishes, slice of bread, stick of butter. I wrote some commonly used penjodoh bilangan from his textbook, such as biji, batang, etc and gathered objects for him to match them to the correct classifier.


Bubs was excited because we usually use workbooks to practise Malay. He was hard at work grouping the items together.

The only tricky bit I had was including 1 of his milk tooth as an object (sebatang gigi if you wanted to know).

"Mummy, I thought the Tooth Fairy took my tooth away!"


Just finished Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon. It's an easy read with short chapters and spiked with cute illustrations but really thought provoking.



My bonsais are in tip top shape at my dad's friend's bonsai spa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...