Saturday, April 11, 2015

Back to Ipoh

Hubs had a work trip in KL scheduled so we decided to take a couple of days off to extend our trip. This time around, MIL decided to join us so Bubs would have some backseat company. As usual, we had leisurely lunch stopovers at Ipoh.


Each time we stop by Missing Marbles, we're always pleasantly surprised and this time was no exception. All 3 cafes: Burps & Giggles, Missing Marbles and Buku 555 now serve the same menu which is a lot easier for someone as indecisive as me! The staples, such as the yummy-licious crepes and home made ice creams remain. Plus, menus will be re-vamped every couple of months inline with fresh, seasonal produce. 


I've never been the biggest fan of savoury crepes because I've always felt that they should be strictly for dessert. Fortunately for my tastebuds, Hubs persuaded me to take a bite of his lamb harissa crepes studded with beans inside - I literally had to eat my words back: the warm, smoky spices complemented the meaty lamb chunks perfectly. Even Bubs who has a fear of spicy food couldn't resist asking for more of this.

 

Since I always have a heavy breakfast before going on road trips, I ordered what I thought would be a lighter option: toasted croissant with some avos and smoked duck. When this arrived, I couldn't believe my eyes, it was a huge tower of honey drizzled avocados, delectable pieces of duck along with apples and onions for extra crunch. If that wasn't filling enough, there were also a generous serving of potato cubes. 


And of course, no meal at Missing Marbles is ever complete without dessert. We opted for their home made ice cream with caramelized bananas.


We were more than delighted to spot an Ernest Zacharevic wall painting a short walk away. The young, Lithuanian artist is famous in Penang for his street art capturing everyday life and we were enthralled to see this charming wall mural of a little girl on stretched toes trying to reach for a cage of birds :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...