Friday, October 12, 2012

Pavilion and Publika at KL

Mall hopping is a must do in KL so what better way to embrace it but to just join the crowd ;)


We were tickled pink to find that Pavilion at KL has a whole section dedicated to Japanese goodies at Tokyo Street. There was a distinct vibe with colourful streamers and funky characters walking about.

Come dinner time, Fairy Godma was kind enough to drive us to Publika which was probably a toddler's dream come true in a mall with wide open spaces, artsy installations and all rounder fun, fun, fun. 


We walked past a gorgeous florist outside the BIG grocery store that makes really unique and elegant bouquets.

Speaking of the BIG grocery store, my eyes were wide with wonder at all the funky stuff they were carrying, Fairy Godma had already pre-warned me not to "squeal or hop around" (her exact words, not mine).


I mean take a look at this - lettuce still growing hydroponically in the store itself, talk about fresh!


Leafy trees and a gigantic T2 stand inside BIG!


There was only so much my mind could take from all the internal squealing I did so we took a break for dinner at Ben's General Food Store ... which lead to more high pitched squealing. Every single thing about Ben's is so cool.

 Remember those old school enamel plates? Ben's manages to make them look uber cool. Plus they're unbreakable (I think) so they're toddler friendly. The mushroom pizza had to be one of the best I've ever tried and the dollop of mascarpone cheese in the centre is sheer genius.


More exploring Publika - too bad most of the arty shops were closed by the time we were there. I was a little surprised at how huge and spread out it was. There were soooo many cool looking cafes that I wanted to eat at that I wished I was a cow with four stomachs to fill!


And a pit stop at Wondermilk at Publika before heading back for the night. If it helps, Bubs loved the milk there ... I'm not a huge fan of drinking milk so I was glad Bubs was there to help me drain the cup dry ;)

4 comments:

  1. What fun! There's always so much to do in the Pavilion.

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not to mention the amount of gorgeous shops they have *hearts*

      Delete
  2. Yo didn't know you were down in KL! Hope you had a blast. BEN's is amazing, we were in Bens grocer today and I had a blast drooling at all their imported stuff. Btw, I didn't even know they have a wondermilk in Publika, their cuppies are yummeh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely LOVED KL & Bens grocer :D If our car wasn't too overloaded with all the Ikea shopping, I'd have gotten way more stuff at Bens, lol. You're sooo lucky to be able to eat at Bens anytime you want!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...