Monday, November 26, 2012

Chew Jetty Part II

Since the last time we were at Chew Jetty and we only took a few photos before it started pouring cats and dogs, we went there again this time to take more. Bubs had a whale of a time tearing up and down the weathered wooden planks though I admit every time I heard a creak, my heart skipped a beat.


There are little convenience shops selling anything from cigarettes to bottled water.

Old fashioned bicycles for rent.


Wooden houses with Chinese calligraphy on red banners.


Another piece of street art by Ernest Zacharevic. Somehow the weathered paint seems to add more character to it.


All that walking about meant that we deserve a yummy treat for breakfast. Everyone (excluded Bubs) had a banana leaf wrapped packet ... or two ... or three ... of the famous Beach Street nasi lemak. If the scoopful of tear inducing spicy sambal and steaming hot coconut rice aren't enough to sate your hunger, you could always opt for extras like fried chicken and curry squid.


Met up again with the glowing and 8 months preggers Glam Girl. That girl doesn't let pregnancy cramp her style at all, gorgeous, I tell you.

Have I ever mentioned that it's near to impossible to walk into Daiso and come out empty handed?


These Hello Kitty face towels and dish cloths were practically screaming my name. I wisely showed restraint.


Though I couldn't say no to some pieces of Japanese crockery.Did you guys have a good weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...