Monday, May 20, 2013

Mon Delice Patisserie, Penang

Psssst ... all you dessert lovers with sweet tooth, come here a lil closer ... I'm going to clue you in on a hidden gem right here in Penang.


Mon Delice Patisserie concocts the dreamiest and delicious desserts in town. They're newly opened and have a small selection of ready made sweet treats on display. They also take orders for cakes and interestingly enough, croquembouche!


Does the sight of this Mango Charlotte make you salivate? Trust me, it's as good as it looks, quite possibly even better. The chunks of mango were so ripe and juicy that it went perfectly well with the lightness of the cake. I'd to sneakily eat half of this while Bubs was having his afternoon nap or there wouldn't be any left the moment he sees this.



I'm not the hugest fan of Tiramisu but I got this for Hubs because I love the look of layered desserts in jars. And yes, you actually get to bring the entire glass jar home with you complete with a tiny bow. I had a few bites of it and for someone that doesn't like coffee based desserts, I've to admit this is quite good. It's definitely not cake but more of a very thick cream based texture with hints of chocolate and coffee in it.

If I'm not mistaken, they close on Mondays though I'd strongly advise that you call in advice to ask what takeaway desserts they have for the day to avoid disappointment.

Mon Delice Patisserie
81 Nagore Road (same row as Continental Bakery) Penang
 04-226 4394

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...