Friday, July 15, 2016

Reads: Bubs and Mine

Bubs and I are lucky to have friends and relatives that have a knack of picking just the right books for us. These are our current favourites:

  • Counting by 7s by Holly Goldberg Sloan
  • Pig the Pug by Aaron Blabey



I'm currently on a Young Adult fiction kick and reading them has sort of reminded me what it's like to be back in school, uncertain of the world and to swim against the tide. Counting by 7s was a birthday pressie from KL Godma and it had me in laughter and tears every few pages. Twelve year old Willow Chase's adoptive parents are killed in a road accident and she has to cope with her new life with a bunch of eccentric but lovable characters along the way.


My cousin, Jean, has a fantastic artist's eye and is fabulous at picking out stuff that I love. Bubs is chuffed that he's able to read Pig the Pug all by himself and he laughed out loud at the story. I secretly think that the bug-eyed pug looks (and acts) deranged, in an endearing way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...