Tuesday, January 14, 2014

All About Food

There are a million reasons why I love Penang and the good FOOD is one of them. There are so many yummy bites around and last week, I revisited an old love plus found a new one.

The Pulau Tikus night market serves an amazing array of Penang hawker food at its best. Seriously, what other place serves lok lok, laksa - both assam and Siam, char koay teow worth waiting for ... no wonder it's packed every night.


It's impossible for me to turn down a stick of lok lok, or two, or three ... oh what the heck, I usually just dip a whole bunch in at a go. Since these are all sliced in tiny bites, they don't count as actual food, right? I usually drown them in a mixture of peanut sauce and garlic ;)


A delicious bowl of ice kacang is simplicity at its best. The auntie is always very accommodating to let me pick my own toppings.  


Poor Bubs - I'm still a little iffy about feeding him street food so I usually bring along dinner for him. He eyed the ice kacang longingly and I lied that the red sugar syrup on it is chilli sauce so he didn't dare try it.

My friend was raving to me about Oink Oink pork burgers which used to operate in a van at the Jelutong night market so when I heard that they have moved to a shop, I was more than excited about giving them a try.


The shop is now called Ric's Burger and it's at the One Terrace Plus. It's no frills though it has air conditioning and service is fast. A basic pork burger starts at RM5 and you can add on extras.


We went all out to make our burgers decadent by adding cheese, a fried egg and bacon slices. The result? It was sloppy to eat with bits and pieces of the burger falling apart but we fell head over heels for it at first bite. The patty was very flavourful and juicy, though a tad on the greasy side.

Ric's Burger
2-1-28, The One Terrace Plus, Tingkat Mahsuri 4, 11950 Bayan Lepas, Penang.
Tel: 012 - 405 1586
Business Hours: 11:30am - 2:30pm & 5:30pm - 9:30pm (Closed on Sun)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...