Don't let the long list of ingredients daunt you and even though brewer's yeast smells (and probably tastes) foul, be generous with it as the rest of the ingredients will mask the taste.
What I did differently:
- It sounded like way too much sugar so I cut down sugar to 1/2 cup brown sugar + 1/2 molasses. You'll be getting most of the sweetness from the choc chips anyway.
- Ran out of oats so I used 2 cups oats + 1 cup barley flakes
- Used whole flax seed instead of flax seed meal because I didn't have that on hand
- Separate the batter to make his portion with chopped nuts and choc chips only
- Bubs portion will be oat/barley flakes with raisins
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
4 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons flax seed meal
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups oats
1 cup chocolate chips
2 -4 tablespoons brewer's yeast
Preheat oven to 350°.
Mix the flaxseed meal and water and let sit for 3-5 minutes.
Beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar well.
Add eggs and mix well.
Add flaxseed mix and vanilla, beat well.
Sift together flour, brewers yeast, baking soda, and salt.
Add dry ingredients to butter mix.
Stir in oats and chips.
Scoop onto baking sheet.
Bake for 12 minutes.
Let set for a couple minutes then remove from tray.