Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Home Made Play Dough

I remember playing with Play Dough as a kid at my cousin's place and was so fascinated with the myriad of stuff you could make with it. I even remember my Grandma showing us how to do curry puffs with Play Dough, complete with stuffing and perfectly shaped twists at the sides. The only thing I wasn't keen on was how it'd all turn some yucky muddy looking dough after all the different colours were mixed up.

Le Petite gave me the idea of using flour to make my own play dough for Bubs as it's so much cheaper than the ones at Toys R Us and who cares if the colours all get mixed up as I could just easily make another batch. I found this recipe and gave it a go.

Uncooked Play Dough  

2 cups of plain flour
4 tablespoons of 'cream of tartar'
2 tablespoons of cooking oil
1 cup of salt
2 cups of boiling water
food colouring

*Just pop it all in a mixing bowl and mix!


My hands were stained for days from the food colouring that I used to add colour. Bubs tried to eat it but got turned off by the salty taste, LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...