Saturday, September 6, 2014

Turning 4

Fairy Godma - if you are reading this, see, I kept his present hidden from him until his birthday
Someone is turning 4 in a couple of days - every now and then, I take a moment to reflect that this is the best age for Bubs to be - before realising that I seem to say that regardless of how old he is :) From his swaddled newborn days, to his first few wobbly steps, life seems to have fast forwarded to entering school, talking incessantly about his best buds, having an opinion about everything under the sun.

At 4, Bubs has now very firm likes and dislikes.

He enjoys:
Durians, nangka, cherries - what can I say, this kid has eclectic tastes ;)
Terrible sweet tooth (unfortunately, just like me) and can never say no to dessert
Super Heroes and Transformers
Lego - did you know that your feet are the best Lego finding device in the dark?
Likes watching Ummi Zoomi and Super Why on YouTube

He despises:
Mushrooms - 'nuff said. Thankfully he can be persuaded to eat other veg
Spicy food - even black pepper puts him off
Gets frustrated easily when he can't do something, eg: fix a Lego brick properly
Colouring - he enjoys drawing but finds colouring in pictures boring
Gets weepy when he gets dropped off at school - but cheers up after he spots S, his gal pal

My hope for him:
To be happy - a cliche, but true.
This parenting thing is a lot tougher than it looks. Loosely paraphrasing a quote I read somewhere, before I become a parent, I had many theories. Now that I'm a parent, I have none!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...