Thursday, May 31, 2012

Grape Hued, a Pile of Books and a Plate of Simplicity


At risk of being mistaken for a certain giant, grape hued dinosaur, this purple patterned skirt and heels are one of my favourite combos. I love a good midi, flared skirt, especially when paired with a fitted plain top.


Behold the dizzying wonder of my purple skirt.


I realised it's been a while since I last wore a 3" pair of heels so I brought out these purple satin beaded sandals. Don't be tricked, my feet are far bigger than Bubs, no matter how giant like he seems here. After an hour of carrying a 13kg toddler that clung on me like a koala that refused to let his daddy carry him, I soon remembered why I hardly wear heels now.


My order from Acmamall.com finally arrived. They have such a long lead time on books, the average wait time I've had is usually around 2 - 3 weeks but my friend told me it takes less than a week for her cosmetics order to reach her. The book that I was really keen on receiving this round was The Toddler's Busy Book recommended by Olimomok as I'm fast running out of ideas on entertaining Bubs. The rest of the order were my usual fiction.


I was running out of ideas for a quick brunch when I decided to play around with some stuff I already have at home. I soft boiled an egg, tore a chunk of ciabatta, washed some fresh basil leaves and cherry tomatoes, poured out some fetta and drizzled the lot with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sprinkled some dried chilli flakes and took a bite. Mmmm ... simplicity at its best :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...